Join Virginia Professional Communicators
We hope you will consider joining us! Through Virginia Professional Communicators, members continually learn more about their profession through conferences and other programs. Your continued professionalism can help you advance in your career, and the opportunity to network allows you to discover new career possibilities.
Members who accept a position on the VPC Board or participate on a committee gain valuable leadership skills. Members also find it rewarding to receive recognition through our popular annual communications contest. Not only can you win on the state level, but first-place winners compete on the national level.
Most importantly the people you meet in Virginia Professional Communicators may start out being only business contacts, but it won’t take long before they become friends. We are a richly diverse group of people who share our knowledge, encourage success and cheer each other on. The only thing we’re missing is you!
What VPC and our affiliation with NFPW offers you:
- A statewide conference each year with professional development seminars, plus an annual national conference
- District-level programs with top-notch speakers
- Prestigious annual communications contest with first-place winners forwarded to national competition
- Networking and mentoring: shared advice, experience, encouragement and guidance
- Online state and national membership directories
- State and national newsletters
- Access to current job listings, group insurance programs and loan opportunities
- Annual scholarship for a communications student at a Virginia university or college
Online Membership Application
Annual dues are $115. Student membership dues are $35; emeritus (retired) members, $45. Online registration at NFPW will allow you to activate your membership quickly once payment has been received, and start enjoying all of the benefits of VPC membership! If asked, members must be able to provide links to or hard copies of two communications samples.
For your convenience, you may pay your dues online at NFPW or you may mail a check to NFPW at:
NFPW Membership Department:
P.O. Box 3007
Mechanicsville, VA 23116
Membership Renewal and Contact Details
All membership renewals are processed through NFPW.
If you need to update your contact details, please notify NFPW and the current VPC first vice president for membership.